- November 4, 2020
- Posted by: Oreoluwa
- Categories: Education, Organizational Growth, Self Development, Work Gist
As we develop in life we expect change in our career, change in our personal life, change in our community and organizations and sometimes wonder what could be impeding the change, some get the answers while some are still searching.
Note the change we expect can only be effected through how we approach life, individually; this things do not come natural, an effort must be made to effect the change we want.
There are several ways to dealing with change but one of the most effective ways of dealing with change is with lifelong learning.
Lifelong learning is an indispensable tool for every career and organization. It is the committed persistence in gaining knowledge and competencies in order to expand ones skillset and develop ones future opportunities.
5 Importance of Lifelong Learning
- It helps you remain relevant in a rapidly changing world of technology
- It helps you adapt to unexpected changes and makes you innovative.
- It helps you grow career wise, gives you a feeling of accomplishments and boosts one’s confidence
- It opens your mind, changes your attitude by building on what you already know.
- Lastly it helps develop your leadership skills which then translates into fostering lifelong learning in other individuals, by encouraging them to pursue further education.
Abigail Adams says learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.
In summary don’t just settle in your comfort zone. Expose yourself to as many experiences as possible and one of the keys to achieve this is by constant reading. Reading provides opportunities to learn more and develops your cognitive mind.