- November 11, 2022
- Posted by: Dawn
- Categories: blog, Employment, Work Gist
“Your career setback is a setup for your career comeback.”
Have you experienced a setback in your career?
- Have you gotten to a career crossroad and you feel the decision you made brought a career setback?
- You’ve chosen this new career path and it’s time to begin your journey, but how do you build influence and credibility in this new path?
- Did you have to relocate and it feels like a career setback? You’re in a new environment, surrounded by new faces, trying to adjust to this change while attempting to get a new job.
- Maybe you lost your
Whatever the case may be, don’t view your setback as the end of your career, rather view it as the platform to elevate you to another level.
How do you prepare for your career comeback?
1. Keep Informed
Stay in touch with your job industry trends, community trends, and economic trends.
2. Keep Clued in
Know what is going on in your heart. Know your associations, motivations, strengths and weaknesses. Know the inner voice and new direction of life.
3. Keep Connected
Networking is a powerful and valuable tool; consciously build and expand your network in your career
4. Keep Learning
Build new skills for your career, learn daily facts in your industry, practice how to use new technology, and become marketable in a new economic direction.
5. Keep Fit
Physical exercise inspires your mind. While preparing for your career comeback, build your physical fitness
6. Keep Creative
If you’re currently looking for a new job, in the meantime, take up free work, flexible hours, part-time, remote work, and internships.
7. Keep Contributing
Volunteer in community services. Have a heart to give back to your community with the skills you have developed over time in your career field.
8. Keep Active
Attend and contribute to virtual or physical events and conferences in your career field.
9. Keep Your Faith & Proclamations
Stand strong in the faith that God will turn your mess into a message, your test into a testimony, your trial into a triumph, change your story from a victim to a victory, and give you a comeback for your setback. Speak the positive.