- April 1, 2020
- Posted by: Oreoluwa
- Category: Organizational Growth, Work Gist
An employee does not naturally attain a highly successful position or height such as promotion or raises, without working for it. For one to attain such postions, you need to apply the proverbial saying ‘Rome wasn’t built in a day’ which suggests that a complex task or great achievement takes time and effort and should not be rushed.
Also no employer is ready to give an employee who is not ready to grow an opportunity, they rather let you go than invest in you.
Most importantly your disposition towards your work has a great impact in your achievement.
There are so many tips toward becoming a highly successful employee below are some;
5 Tips to Becoming a Highly Successful Employee
1. Be Proactive– Be able to think ahead of ways and skills to possess in order to achieve the best in your assigned task. Don’t wait until a problem comes before you seek solutions. Foresee possible challenges and have solutions before it appears.
2. Communicate Effectively– Don’t just talk, be able to interact with your co-workers and senior colleagues appropriately. If you want to get to the top, it’s best you interact with someone who is there, for guidance.
3.Be Responsible- Be open to corrections, do not hide under people’s shadow. When a task is assigned to your team, be ready to take action/charge. Always own up to your mistakes and take cues from them.
4. Be Timely and Prioritize Task– Be time conscious, learn how to manage and maximize your time. Endeavour to have a scheduled plan with an assigned time frame in order to be more productive.
5. Be Open to Learn, Relearn and Unlearn- Always seek ways to improve your skills either by asking questions or attending conferences/courses. Be open to learn something new and unlearn irrelevant rules.
Note, whatever is worth doing, it’s worth doing well. Happy new month.